A committee comprising of following members constituted by Secretary Post vide Directorate letter No. 01/01/2011 –SR dated 20.01.2012 on the Cadre Restructuring of MMS Staff met on 12.03.2012 and 13.03.2012 in the office of the Chief Post Master General, A.P. Circle, Hyderabad.
1. Ms. K. Sandhya Rani, PMG (BD) - Chairperson
2. Director (MV) -Member-Official Side
3. Sri Giri Raj Singh - Member Staff Side
4. Sri D. Theagarajan -Member –Staff Side
1. Chairperson welcomed the Committee members. It was agreed to conduct the Committees proceedings/discussions keeping in perspective the VI CPC framework and address the genuine concern/grievances of different MMS cadre to the best and reasonably possible extent.
2. The Committee Co-opted Shri L. Arshad Khan, Manager MMS, Hyderabad as member of the Committee. A presentation on the current MMS organizing structure of different cadres and related Recruitment Rules and existing promotional avenues of each cadre was made by him. Staff Side committee members placed their views on the above cadres to the Committee.
3. The Committee was apprised of brief history and the functioning of MMS, MMS Units are having the following categories of staff.
I Technical Staff- Artisans and MTS(Cleaners,
Semi Skilled Artisans.
II Non Technical Staff.
(i)Traffic Staff – Drivers
(ii)Administrative Staff-Postal Assistants &
MTS(Peon, Gatemen, Pumpmen, Duftry,
Safai Karmachary, Caretaker,Chowkidar,
(i)Non Technical: Assistant Manager, Store Officers
(IV) Officers- Deputy Manager(Group ‘B’)
(V) Head of the Division-Managers (Technical Group A)
4. The Committee members discussed the promotional avenues of different MMS Staff cadres and possible ways for restructuring so as to improve the functioning of MMS efficiency and to motivate the staff.
5. The Committee discussed and agreed that there is a need to intake qualified Artisans and Drivers. In view of up-gradation of Technology in the Automobile field, it has become mandatory to the Artisans /Drivers to have the knowledge of computer and operation of Electronic gadgets to be used to diagnose the defects of the vehicles and to repair them. In view of the above the Committee feels that existing Essential Qualifications for different cadres need revised and enhanced.
6. The Committee discussed in detail cadre issues relating to the following cadres:
1. Multi Tasking Staff (Group-C)
(2) Drivers/Dispatch Riders
(3) Artisans (4) Charge hand
7. It was agreed to discuss issues relating to other cadres in the next meeting of the Committee to be held from 3rd April to 4th April 2012 at 11.00 a.m.8. The meeting ended with vote of thanks.