Postal Staff College, Ghaziabad (Rafi Ahmed Kidwai National Postal Academy) invited Secretary General NFPE, Com. M. Krishnan for an interactive session with the Indian Postal Services Probationers Induction Training Batch on 07.03.2012 on the subject – “Role of Service Associations in India Post”. The following points were discussed.
1. Stand of NFPE on various issues faced by India Post.
2. Need for interaction with unions on all policy related issues and new schemes before implementation.
3. Need of better understanding and cooperation between the unions and the officers to face the challenges before India Post.
4.Our opposition to liaberalisations corporatization, privatization and outsourcing.
5. Our stand on induction of technology, modernization and computerization.
6.Challenges due to (a) Decline in mail traffic (b) Increasing competition (C) Recurring operative loss (d) Universal service obligation and lack of full reimbursement (e) Pressure to reduce cost, increase revenue and operate on a far more commercial basis.
7. Reforms in the mails sector – collection, processing, sorting, conveyance and delivery – our stand.
8. Saving Bank – in adequate handling charges, core banking and Post Bank.
9. Insurance PLI/RPLI – Restriction for introduction of new products.
10. Human Resource development, Estate Management etc.
The session lasted for two hours and Secretary General answered many questions and clarified the view points of NFPE. The Principal of Staff College, Addl. Director, Joint Director etc. were also present.