Feedback of the meeting held today with Secretary, DoP&T on Terms of Reference of VII CPC
All India Railwaymen’s Federation
4, State Entry Road,
No.AIRF/405( VII CPC)
Dated: October 24, 2013
The General Secretaries,
All Affiliated Unions,
On the invitation of Secretary, DoP&T, today we met him at North Block, being led by Com. Umraomal Purohit, Secretary(Staff Side), National Council(JCM), where Jt. Secretary(Estf) Ms Mamta Kundra was present along with the Director(JCA), Shri Ashok Kumar.
Com. Purohit explained in detail about the background of the past Pay Commissions as he has been associated with the JCM as Secretary(Staff Side) since 1977. He said that the VI CPC though had many favourable recommendations but it has also created many anomalies, particularly because of introduction of Pay Band and Grade Pay. Com. Purohit further said that he had expected some draft on the Terms of Reference of the Seventh Central Pay Commission from the Official Side, it would facilitate better appreciation to react.
It was also explained that the VI CPC has been based on Secretarial Structure, and there no appreciation for professional and operational needs, faced by the departments, like Indian Railways, Defence production etc. Therefore, it was demanded that some professional experts should be used to appreciate the problems of the Railwaymen and others.
It as also demanded that, to have a true representative character, a labour representative should be included as member in the Commission.
Besides the undersigned, Com. Rakhal Das Gupta, Working President/AIRF and Corn. J.R. Bhosale, Treasurer/AIRF, were present on the occasion.
The Staff Side also raised the following issues:
• Secretarial Structure — Pay Structure — Hierarchy of Industrial employees
• GP Rs.5400 and other facilities
• Provision should be made to appreciate problems of the Railways and other departments
• Problems of the Gramin Dak Sevaks of the Postal Department
• Cadre Restructuring in Defence Production
• Parity between pre and post retirees
• Removal of the anomalies
• MACPS- GP Rs2000, Stepping up of pay
• Court cases in the matter of MACP
• Pay fixation of the Promotees VS Direct Recruits
• Loco Pilots and other categories
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
source : AIRF